Monday, February 9, 2015

[BEAUTY REVIEW] Sexylook Black Mask & Blackhead Set (Coffee)

Suppose you need to attend an official function or a party the very next day. Suddenly, you remember those awful-looking blackheads on your face. Though, they are hardly noticed from a distance, but they look bad if seen from close. What will you do? Well, I have a solution to make blackheads go away instantly! Introducing.... *drumrolls*

Sexylook Coffee Bean Black Head Pore Cleanser Set


Yes you didn't hear me wrong. Coffee beans! It is the new upgrade version of the previous highly raved Sexylook Strawberry Black Head Pore Cleanser Set. This product is very famous and it's a big love in Taiwan! It was once featured in 女人我最大, a very famous Taiwan beauty programme. Even Xia Xue, the top celebrity blogger once recommended this product. So you know it is a must to try! This time, it uses Arabica coffee bean extract as main ingredients to help skin renew and exfoliate. Remove blackheads thoroughly with only three simple steps! Unbelievable isn't it? Coffee with beauty benefits! Let's test and see how effective it is.


The set of three consists of a sebum softener, a blackhead remover and a shrink toner. They are nicely labeled with 1, 2 and 3 so that you won't go wrong with the steps. However, the description behind the box is written in Chinese as it is a product from Taiwan. Not very user friendly, therefore I will just briefly explain the steps in English here. :)


How to use?

STEP ONE Soften


After face washing, apply some sebum softener on the areas you wish to focus on and massage. This step is important because it softens your blackheads and sebum, making it easier to remove later on. The solution is very watery so be careful when you are pouring it! When you are done, rinse with water. Remember, it is very important to rinse your face after you apply the sebum, as the sebum is slightly oily and this layer of sebum will actually prevent the mask from sticking on the blackheads later on.


STEP TWO Remove


Apply a thick layer of black heads remover or the so called mask on areas which are rich with stubborn blackheads. Leave it until it dry. It takes about 20-30 minutes to dry up completely. And wow, I really smell coffee!


When it's time, gently peel it off, starting from the bottom to top, in an upward direction. The mask that is unsuccessfully peeled off can be directly washed with water. And tadaaa! Byebye blackheads! Can you see some whitish stuffs standing up? This sounds a bit gross but these are the blackheads, whiteheads, dirt or whatever you celled it. Yucks, I hate you blackheads. It may not be able to remove 100% of my blackheads at once, but it sure helps a lot!


STEP THREE Shrink


Lastly, don't forget to apply appropriate amount of shrink toner on the treated skin to leave the skin soothing and pore refining. It closes up our pores so that the dirt will not get in easily. For best results, use this blackhead cleanser set once or twice a week. :)

If you are interested to try, grab yours from iQueen here: http://www.iqueen.my/en/blackhead/237-sexylook-coffee-bean-black-head-pore-cleanser-set.html :D


Sexylook Superior Black Mask (With Neck)

Another product that I am going to introduce today - celebrities & bloggers favorite - Sexylook Superior Black Mask series! So blessed to get to try so many masks recently, if you haven't read my previous post about Ludeya Bio Cellulose mask, you can read it here because I think that's a good mask which works on me too. Back to the mask today, what's so special about this mask? You probably already guessed it by it's name - yes they are BLACK! It uses advanced technology to infuse activated carbon into the pure pulp cotton. Derived from natural ingredients. :) It also claims to have one whitening laser effect just after three times using this mask.


There are five individually wrapped mask sheets in one box. However, iQueen is so kind that they gave me a total of six masks, with three different functions! Hehe thank you iQueen. :) Another special thing about this mask is that it has the extended area for our necks as well.


Again, the description are written in Chinese, with some Japanese this time. Despite the cute anime girl and the Japanese characters on the kawaii packaging, Sexylook is in fact a 100% Taiwanese sheet mask brand. Only that it is made of 100% pure cotton imported from Japan. :)


Choose your favourite! For review purpose, I chose the golden one to try.


Blue: HYDRATING
Pink: BRIGHTENING
Golden: MOISTURIZING

One thing I've noticed about this black mask is that there is no plastic layer between the folding like usual mask. I could see some golden bits on the black mask, and I was told that they are 24K gold bits :O


The pure cotton sheet mask was so soft to touch and was extremely comfortable to wear. It is the softest sheet mask I have ever used! The texture of the mask was perfect, not too thick and not too thin like the transparent silk sheet masks. The scent of the serum was mild and pleasant.


After cleansing and toning, apply mask on the face for 10-15 minutes then remove it. If there is remaining essence on the face, gently massage it with fingertips to help absorption. I love that the mask fits me perfectly, without any bubbles of air after I applied it on my face. Thumbs up for it! There was residue serum inside the package so I used them on my hands and legs.


So, did the mask deliver what it promised? I will certainly have to try this mask out for a longer period of time before confirming its claims, but after one trial, I quite like it as it really makes my skin look appealing and better than before.


Want to get your own black mask? Good news, you can get it now at iQueen with 20% discount! What a steal. Limited period only. Grab now at: http://www.iqueen.my/en/119-promo5.html :D

iQueen is like my one stop beauty centre nowadays. So in love with all their products!


For more information:

iQueen's Official Website: www.iqueen.my
iQueen's Facebook: www.facebook.com/iqueen.my
iQueen's Instagram: #iqueenmy


24 comments :

  1. Seriously why do you look so cute even when you apply mask! Unfair XDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black colored mask, very very interesting. I've never used one before but I think it might be something I ought to try!

    www.coquettishmish.com
    Ongoing CNY giveaway: http://bit.ly/1EfShQw

    ReplyDelete
  3. because if it ain't broken, don't fix it.) Then I suddenly remembered having this clay mask sachet from Cathy Doll! how to remove blackheads on nose

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...