Saturday, December 27, 2014

Turning Twenty-one.


Everyone insists on acknowledging that turning 21 is a huge milestone in life. It means you are officially in your 20s, no longer dancing on the edge of teenage and adulthood. But knowing that, I had no expectations or whatsoever. I thought it's just gonna be another ordinary day. Well it was, but with a little bit of unexpected twist at the end of the day.

I was blessed with surprises by an old friend of mine, and it brought back some old memories four years ago. I still vividly remember what happened on my 17th birthday night - how could I ever forget? I wonder if you still remember, but I find it better not to bring this up again. Things have changed tremendously. The other person was not even there. Why am I still relating here and there? Silly me. For a moment, I thought history was gonna repeat - but nope. Phew. This time, you did it right. All in all, it was a great night. Good food, thoughtful gift, sweet surprise. What more could I ask for?

I wish everything stays the way it is.

Not forgetting all the other three pre-birthday celebrations that I had. All of the kind that I like best - simple and sweet. Thank you for knowing what I like best and making me feel loved. I need no expensive presents. Your presence is everything that matters to me. All of you.







On a side note, my thoughts and prayers go out to all the flood victims in Malaysia. I have friends in Kelantan and Negeri Sembilan and I really couldn't bear to see them losing their home. I wish that the condition gets better and families get to reunite in this festive season.

We tend to relate 21 as growing up. The sense of responsibility and perhaps some big decisions in life. For girls, it is time to invest in a great shade of lipstick. Looks are not everything but confidence will get you far and when you look good, you feel good. Take this advice. And how else my 21 is gonna be? 


Give until it hurts. 
Reach out and touch someone. 
Spend time with your love. 
Hug someone who needs it. 
Go out and make your dream comes true.


That's about it. I guess.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...