Saturday, March 7, 2015

Life as a medical student #4 Sweet Revenge

From left: Abby, Chern Meng and I

Have you ever met someone that just weren't very nice to you? It wasn't because of anything you did - or maybe it was - but they just weren't very kind or friendly. I remember writing about how I embarrassed myself in front of my supervisor and how it made me think and reflect on my own performance. (You can read about it here) After some time, I realized there were only two possibilities - either I really performed badly or he was trying to pick on me. I wish it was the first one. Worst comes to worst, I have to be the type of incompetent people who know that I am not good, instead of those who are clueless about their incompetence. It is never too late to learn. 

Last Friday, we ended our Student Selected Component (SSC) by having oral presentation in university in front of the examiners, and most importantly - in front of my supervisor. It was a day I have long anticipated, I probably secretly hoping to prove him wrong or something. So of course I made sufficient preparation. We rehearsed the presentation for countless times, we even colour coded our outfits. But most importantly, I was all ready to present to everyone what we have done in the past six weeks. Because from the very beginning, I am proud of what my SSC is all about and am really glad that I was given the opportunity to be a part of the team. (Will be posting here about my 6 weeks attachment at Yayasan Chow Kit soon)

The presentation turned out pretty good, the response from the floor was out of my expectation. People were impressed by the findings and how it would benefit the street children. One of the lecturers from Dublin asked if we would like to publish our papers. I mean, what an honour! Publishing papers is the dream of every researcher. To receive such feedback is the best one could ever get.

I wish it was from my supervisor though. He didn't make any comment after our presentation. No dramas like patting on my shoulder saying ''Well done'' or ''Keep up the good work''. But nah it's okay. Maybe my supervisor is just cool like that.


I dip my fist in sugar before I punch my enemies in the face. Sweet, Sweet Revenge.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...