Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What kind of men are you looking for?

I have always hate moving insects, flying cockroaches, furry animals. But living alone outside for nearly 3 years still manage to train me into a person who dares to catch cockroaches. But tonight - this is the first time I see this animal in my life - a bat. The place that I am living is too 'special' to have all these kinds of animals and insects. Like jungle like that. Zzz. So this bat just flew in from nowhere and decided to land in my house. My first instinct told me to back off and get a weapon - so I got myself a broom - then I just stoned there. I don't know what to do next! I tried to scare it away with noises but it just ended up flying here and there. I guess it lost its way? Because bats are blind. Wei! But so scary lo! You don't even know whether it bites. I screamed to myself for quite a long time *a little bit dumb* until I saw my neighbour who was just about to go out from his house (probably because I screamed too loud). It was not a good idea, but I accepted his offer of help. So he went into my house and directly to where the bat was, holding it up very gently, as if scaring he might hurt it, and wanting to set it free out of the window. Just at that moment, the bat escaped from his hands and - yes, it bites him! Yet he didn't complain of pain or scare of infection, he used the broom beside him and chased it away. Everything done in a very gentle and steady manner. Within one minute. When I myself fought with the bat for like an hour. Cool.

To be honest, I have never talked to him since I moved into here. But yet he helped me. Without any fear or hesitation on his face. Knowing that I have this kind of good neighbour around me just made my day. 
Bravery is never defined as how calm you are with your girl when you are watching a horror movie, neither it is how you fought back others with harsh words to defend your girl. 
I believe THIS is the kind of bravery every woman is yearning for.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...