Monday, June 23, 2014

[FOOD REVIEW] Moonlight Cake House @ Taman Sutera Utama, JB - PART 2

Welcome back to my blog! Have you been anticipating for my second post on my dining experience at Moonlight Cake House? In my previous post (click to read if you haven't!), together we explored Moonlight's cheesy yummy finger-licking potato wedges and the fresh-from-the-sea fish slice bee hoon soup and so many more. Wondering what we had afterwards?


And yesss! We had cakesss. I still remember when I first heard about Moonlight it was about how good their cakes were. And given a sweet tooth like me, how could I miss this? :D


Rainbow Cheese Cake RM12.90

Brighten up your day with a slice of rainbow! This colourful, cheerful-looking cake immediately caught my attention the moment I walked into Moonlight. It usually comes in six layers of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. What I liked was that Moonlight's Rainbow Cake came in pretty pastel shades which mean less coloring! The cream cheese frosting had a subtle but pleasant tinge of lemon that offset the richness of the cake. I had the urge to happily sing ''Somewhere over the rainbow.....'' :D


Red Velvet Cake RM12.90

The Red Velvet cake is also one of Moonlight's signature cakes. At first bite, the cake was a little rough, but the moistness and the signature light chocolaty red velvet taste came through as I chewed. It was smooth and sweet but not so sweet that it overpowers the cake like some cream cheese frosting tend to do. If you are worrying about the artificial coloring, fret not! Edward, Moonlight's pastry chef behind all these beautiful cakes, told us that they replaced artificial coloring with natural food coloring called beetroot. A little pricey but worth it!


Brownie Cheese RM9.90

This Brownie Cheese tastes just as good as it looks! A delicious combination of two of my favourites - rich cheesecake and a dense chocolate brownie with almond bits. The cheesecake mixed perfectly with the brownie that when you're chewing, it just melted into one amazing flavour.



Peach Mille Crepe RM9.90

We all love crepe cakes. But do you know that each layer of a crepe cake is handmade, hand-layered? It's actually time-consuming! As you can see, there are peach slices in between, hence making this mille crepe more airy, lighter and less creamy. The overall result was very pleasant and light. We’d absolutely want to eat this again! However I was a little disappointed because they used canned peaches instead of fresh peaches.


Drinks of the day:

Top left: Hot White Coffee RM4.90
Moonlight special made 4 in 1 white coffee - Collagen (oh wow!), milk powder, coffee and sugar!

 Top right: Honey Wolfberry Tea RM6.90
Wolfberries, dates and honey - for the ladies :D

 Bottom left: Dragon Mango RM12.90
Refreshing and healthy!

Bottom right: Mangorange soda RM8.90
Perfect balance of fruity and fizzy.



Moonlight specializes in custom made cakes for any kinds of celebration, birthdays, anniversary, weddings and so on. You can even order beautiful 3D fondant cakes to make your celebration a memorable one! Do not hesitate to contact them for more details. It is very convenient as they have branches in Sutera Utama, Pelangi, Johor Jaya, Permas Jaya, Taman Gaya, Mount Austin and Bukit Indah.

Moonlight has always been one of my favourite choices of dining place and I am sure with the new menu, I will visit here more often! :)


Moonlight Cake House (6 branches)
HQ:
77B, Jalan Sutera Tanjung 8/3, 
Taman Sutera Utama, 
Skudai, Johor Bahru.
Google map: click here
Tel: 07-558 3322

Operating Hours: 
9:00am to 2:00am

Email: info@moonlightcake.com
Moonlight's Official Webpage: http://moonlightcake.com/


Tell me what you think of my review as I am still learning and improving! 
Your comment will make my day. :D
Thanks for your time!

Love,
Eunice.



6 comments :

  1. Looks like this cafe is growing fast in JB area with six outlets and expanding. They sure have their own signature cakes especially the rainbow cake. Thanks for sharing and you are doing great in your article write-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! They have really nice food and ambience. You are welcome and thanks for liking my write-up! :)

      Delete
  2. There have branch in Johor Jaya.... Let's go next time :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg the rainbow cake! yum yum yum! :)

    http://spelljourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...