Sunday, June 8, 2014

[FOOD REVIEW] Passionfood cafe & Bakery @ Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru.

What comes to your mind first when you hear the word ''passion''? It is a word of strong emotion, and that's when someone loves food so much that she decided to turn her passion into a business.

Thanks to my bff's recommendation that I get to know of this hidden gem in Taman Pelangi.
You can easily spot the shop from the distinctive pink and white signboard. :)


Passionfood cafe & Bakery - the 'pink cafe'
......where all food are made with love and passion! That's their tag line in their menu. They serve French and Western fusion cuisine, premium cakes and coffee.


There are two dining sections - indoor (which is air-conditioned) and outdoor. I personally love their interior design. The theme colours are pink and white, which most of the girls couldn't resist!




The macaroons and cakes displayed at the counter are so colourful and they just caught my eyeballs right when I stepped into the shop. If you enjoy tea-for-two, they have a mini High Tea set served on an elegant two-tier plate, with a pot of tea, plus your choice of a cake slice! Didn't get to try it, maybe I shall make another visit for it? ;)  







They were featured by newspaper before!


Fresh brewed tea - Earl Grey RM7.90



Signature Chocolate RM8.90


Haha looking at it just put a smile to my face. :) How thoughtful of them. But what I really like about this is that it contains bittersweet chocolate sauce, which gives a very rich chocolate taste.


Eggs Benedict RM15.90
Alert alert! HOT FAVOURITE dish among regular customers. It is listed under Breakfast-All-Day menu but it is available for the whole day. (Yes!)

In fact wanted to take a picture of the egg yolk oozes out but I failed. -.- But trust me, the moment when the egg yolk flowed out and spreaded all over the toasted French white bread and turkey ham, I literally screamed! *screams* The specially made Hollandaise sauce drizzled on top of Eggs Benedict has a creamy, buttery and eggy taste with a hint of lemon. The poached eggs are so heavenly nice even until now I am missing the taste of it. I really wanted to lick the plate lol. I secretly rate it five stars. Must try must try okay people!





Carbonara Ala Funghi RM18.90

The linguine (a form of pasta) tossed in white sauce is superb! There are also turkey ham and mushroom in it, with a little bit of cheese powder sprinkled on top. Yum yum.


Chicken Roulade RM23.90

I ordered this right away when I first saw it on the menu. Passionfood's very own version of French chicken thigh roll with turkey bacon, asparagus pine nuts, and melted cheese inside! However, it kinds of disappointed us, probably because we ate it last, and it turned cold already. Oh, the asparagus pine nuts caught my attention! Tastes like beans. I love the sweet potato sauce surrounding it, and dipping the wedges into the sauce, what a combination! I love! :)




Apple Crumble Pie RM8.90

Ordered this to satisfy my own cravings for dessert. Haha. And what's a meal without a sweet dessert to mark an end to it? Apples are my all time favourite so this dessert for sure has won over my heart! The scoop of vanilla ice cream also complement well with the pie.


With my love.
Thank you for spending the afternoon with me!


Overall, I think Passionfood has some good main dishes. Although not up to the standard of fine dining (as they are still considered a small cafe), but good enough for an enjoyable and satisfying meal. Some of the dishes are pricy, so make sure you know which is worth to try before you come!

My ratings:
Food: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Cleanliness: 4/5
Ambiance: 3/5
Price: 3/5

Passionfood Café and Bakery 
14, Jalan Perang, 
Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru.

07-331 5330
11:00am to 10:00pm (Monday to Thursday); 
11:00am to 11:00pm (Friday); 
10:00am to 11:00pm (Saturday); 
10:00am to 10:00pm (Sunday)
Closed on Tuesday
No pork, no lard, no Halal cert

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/passionfoodcafe

How do you find my food review? Tell me by commenting below!
I am still learning. Promised to give you better and better posts in the future. :)
Love,
Eunice.


8 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Actually quite near to Moonlight Pelangi! Thought you would have know it. Haha. :)

      Delete
    2. I heard many times about this cake house,but really have no idea at where lo ��

      Delete
    3. Haha. Use GPS and go try it next time!

      Delete
  2. just a suggestion. next time can add in their website an facebook page. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum yum! love the article from the paper! make every a sunday! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah sharp eyes! Thanks for reading my blog. Awesome blog you have there! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...