Thursday, June 19, 2014

[FOOD REVIEW] Moonlight Cake House @ Taman Sutera Utama, JB - PART 1

With the introduction of the new menu of Moonlight Cake House, Ma Cherie bloggers and Tony Johor Kaki were invited to try them out a few weeks back.


Moonlight Cake House - Your favourite cake house in town
I am sure most of you have heard of Moonlight Cake House. Founded in 2007, its six branches in Johor Bahru has gained its popularity over the years and they have just opened their seventh branch in Permas Jaya recently. Good news is that it is coming to KL very soon!

Boon Lin, the manager of Moonlight Cake House gave us a warm welcome and explained the new menu to us. He told us that they are planning to bring in the brand new concept and menu to all of the outlets one by one in order to let the customers to experience a whole new level of dining at Moonlight. I guess it is the spirit of never stop improving that makes Moonlight a huge success today! :)

The six of us were really famished after hearing from Boon Lin. And they really served us food fast! Let's start with some appetizers. :D

Appetizer :- 
Cheesy Potato Wedges RM6.90

Ohhhh just look at the cheesy sauce. I KNOW RIGHT. I instantly forgot that cheese=fats and had one piece after another. Nice start! We finished them off in a blink of eye.


Scallop with Capelin Roe RM12.90

If you didn't know already, capelin roe is the orange thing that you see on top of the scallop. Seems familiar? We also eat them with sushi! I always love eating that with sushi, I never knew that they can be a good combination with the scallops too! The scallops were succulent, super fresh and sweet! Favourite dish of the night! :)


Main dishes of the day :- 
Bamboo Charcoal Crunchy Chicken Burger RM12.90

Burger is everyone's favourite nowdays. My Burger Lab, Fatboy's, Burger Builder or even Ramly burger (lol). So what's so special about Moonlight's burgers?

I would say it's the crunchy chicken in between the black charcoal buns. The mayonnaise sauce was specially made and amazingly it didn't make the bottom bun soggy. Plus point!


Aglio Oglio with Mushroom RM13.90

I am not a fans of Aglio Oglio so this dish turned out to be pretty ordinary to me. However, the chef was really generous in the amount of mushrooms in it! So if you are a fans of Aglio Oglio you might want to give it a try? ;)

Grilled Chicken Chop with American Cheezy Sauce RM19.90

If you love cheese, this is definitely another dish for you! The American Cheezy sauce on top of the chicken chop was so yum! (The sauce tasted the same as the Cheesy Potato Wedges) And it was served with mashed potato, coleslaw and some fresh vege at the side. Did you notice the small cup of rotini (a kind of pasta)? I have never tried pasta with chicken chop in a plate so this is kinda unique! You can eat them with the black pepper sauce.


Moonlight serves Local Asian cuisine too!

Honey BBQ Chicken Chop with Fried Rice RM11.90

The chicken looked like charsiew to me lol. And it really did taste like charsiew maybe because it looked red and tasted sweet too. The fried rice was what attracted me to this dish. Well, I love anything related to eggs. :D


Fried Slice Fish Bee Hoon Soup RM9.90
This was highly recommended by Boon Lin so we ordered one to try. From first look it doesn't look appealing to me.... *judging*


.....but not when I have tried the fish. The fish was so fresh and it wasn't overcooked at all. And you don't just get one or two slices in the soup, but many slices! The broth was not the normal clear colour but the milky one. 



It was a great night spent with everyone. A full stomach makes a happy heart! :D But what made me the happiest is that I get to learn from everyone there, be it phototaking skills or life experience shared during our chit-chatting session! :)

Okok I know. Don't be jealous of me. :p
He's the winner of Best Malaysia Food Blog 2013 and Best Singapore Food Blog 2013.
Tony, the Johor Kaki! 
The most well known food blogger and I am sure everyone read his blog for the best food in town.
He seldom shows his face on his blog but I don't care I am still putting up this picture hahaha.
I am so honored to do the food review with you this time, Tony! :)
*fan-girl-mode*


With Boon Lin, the manager of Moonlight.
Thank you so much for inviting us over for the night!


.........Wait it's not the end yet! I am yet to write about Moonlight's most famous cakes and dessert we had that day. How can I miss that out? So it's gonna be another post. Hehe. Stay tuned kay!

UPDATES: Read my second part of Moonlight experience here!


Moonlight Cake House (6 branches)
HQ:
77B, Jalan Sutera Tanjung 8/3, 
Taman Sutera Utama, 
Skudai, Johor Bahru.
Google map: click here
Tel: 07-558 3322

Operating Hours: 
9:00am to 2:00am

Email: info@moonlightcake.com
Moonlight's Official Webpage: http://moonlightcake.com/



Ciao first!
Eunice  xoxo



5 comments :

  1. Very nicely written Eunice! That cheesy wedges look so yummy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Princess! Hope you can join us next time! I know right so yummy! :D:D:D

      Delete
  2. omg! the amount of cheese on top of the wedges are too tempting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...